Monday, January 28, 2013

A tragic loss in the Bay Area.

Dave Martinez (1955-2013)
I'm very sorry to hear about this loss in the Bay Area bicycle community. A tragic accident while riding his bike to work ended his life :( Our thoughts +love are with his family, friends +those who rode with him. I didn't meet him but have ridden with the good people and friends of the Vintage group in the past, very sad.

Thanks to my friend Eric for sharing on his blog, this hits very deeply.
My condolences to Dave's family +loved ones.
Link: Classic lightweight bikes & rides: Dave Martinez Nov. 4, 1955 - Jan. 21, 2013

3 comments:

  1. What an incredibly tragic loss.

    I am very disappointed I hadn't heard about this until here. Do you know anything about the case?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes indeed :(
      All I know so far was from my friend Eric's post. Didn't hear anything from any media/news, at least not yet.

      Delete

with coffee in hand, sincere thanks for your readership ×